Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloween in Korea...

Halloween isn't too big in Korea...which is might seem disappointing.  However, if you were to go to an infamous foreigner bar, you would be pleasantly surprised to see a splash of craziness from home...

The foreigners went ALL OUT...

This year, I slacked on finding a costume, but decided to use my dance outfit from my school's talent show...I was Michael Jackson (마이클 잭슨)!  While I was getting dressed, I had an idea to make my skin white like MJ's.  I didn't have any skin make-up of my own, but I recalled I was given a free sample of Korean BB Cream.  I thought maybe Korean skin tones would be too dark for my fair complexion...  On the contrary!  My Korean make-up was whiter than me!  Therefore, it was perfect for making me look ghostly-white like Michael Jackson.  I find Koreans' obsession with being white so funny---especially since in America most people go out of their way to get a tan!
Getting in the zone to be Michael Jackson...
Hanging out with Minnie Mouse!
Here you can see how white Korean make-up on me...



My friend Lynne was the lovely Minnie Mouse!


Other noteworthy costumes spotted in the foreign bar:
Awesome!

람연 Ramyeon Man! Epic costume! You can't really see, but I thought it was super unique how on the back of his headdress, there are disposable wooden chopstick wrappers!

Khalissi and one of her little dragons!

Miley Cyrus!  Earlier in the night he was wearing a big foam hand too!

An American...idiot?!!! :)   (My friend, Nick!)


A shower!


2 comments:

  1. cute costumes ladies! <3
    I totally forgot about going to Traveler's for Saturday. I missed out on seeing most of these costumes. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed out on seeing you, Lindsey! I was Traveler's first and then I went to Yellow Taxi! Missed you!

      Delete