Monday, March 3, 2014

Year 2- 1st day of class!

I just wanted to take a moment to reflect on the fact I am starting my second year in Korea.  I have had 2 classes this morning so far--all boys classes-- and I don't know what is going on.  Either I am suddenly an amazing teacher, the students are better behaved, or their English level is much higher than last year's students.  I'll take this moment to toot my own horn: I have definitely learned a lot about teaching and so I was much more confident and prepared than last year.  But today, I went around the room and checked if everyone could spell their name correctly in English and the students were much better at English.  Also, they were eager to participate in class.  I also noticed that some of the class sizes have been reduced from 37 kids to about 30--that was a huge help!  I am looking forward to improving my teaching skills and having a fun year in Korea! Fighting! 화이팅! 

No comments:

Post a Comment