Sunday, August 25, 2013

First Ukulele Gig! The ONEZEE Extravaganza!

After the first month in Korea, I found a lovely friend named Lynne.  Although we had very different backgrounds (she is from South Africa and I am from 'Murica) we both shared a common love for singing in harmony to my ukulele.

Our band name is "The Onezee."  We got the idea for our name after we first met...when we went shopping together and saw 2 onesies in orange and blue.  We tried them on for funzies and realized that we both looked really awesome in them.  We wondered if it would be weird to buy matching onesies...but then we realized...we are in KOREA! Land of matching couples!  Who cares!?!  They were a little pricey, but we decided that it was worth it because it could be our band uniform.  The name Onezee not only means "the one" but also is in reference to our band uniform and our friendship!




We prepared a set list of 5 songs:
1) You and I by Ingrid Michaelson
2) Kiss Me by Six Pence None the Richer
3) Hey, Soul Sister by Train
4) Dancing in the Dark by Bruce Springsteen (aka the Boss)
5) Baby by Justin Bieber

And then on Saturday, August 17th, my parents, friends, and co-teacher came to the bar, "Free Bird"--the same bar that my play was in.

Mama, Co-teacher Hyehee, Me, and Daddy at my show!
My Co-teacher and me and the show!
We performed our songs and told little stories in between!  We felt so blessed that we received a warm welcoming from the bar owner, James.  He surprised us with an ice cream cake too!  That's some Korean generosity for you!




No comments:

Post a Comment