Monday, August 26, 2013

At Korean School with a visitor: MY DAD!

Last Friday, my Dad came to visit my Korean Middle School.  As soon as he walked in, my students were gasping and bowing left and right at his feet.  They were very interested in my dad for some reason.  Everything from his clothes, his cell phone clip belt, his USB necklace...the list goes on.  Basically, my students were very excited that my dad was at school.

We went to my office and planned a little PowerPoint presentation to show my students pictures of his hobbies, where he is from, and what his job is.  We simplified some of Daddy's charts and graphs that talk about energy.  At the end of class, we had time for some questions.  Many students asked him some excellent questions about why he chose his job.  Then we had time for some pictures...and autographs.  One student asked Dad for his signature!  Too cute!  They treated him like a celebrity, especially after they found out my Dad was giving a speech at a conference organized by KAIST--which is a very prestigious university located here in Daejeon, Korea!

Daddy also got to each lunch in the school cafeteria.  He was glad to see that I am getting a well-balanced meal at least once a day.  I was really glad he was able visit because now he knows what my school is like on an everyday basis. And best of all, it was the first time my Dad has ever seen me teach!  I love you, Daddy!



























Daddy and I enjoying our lunch in the school cafeteria!

Daddy got to see a crazy class of boy monkeys...







This boy really wanted a photo with my Dad and me!







1 comment: