Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Arrival in Korea!

I had such a nice flight to Korea!  I took Asiana Airlines and I felt as if I was flying in business class because it was so comfortable.  It was an enormous plane with 9 seats across.  I immediately noticed the stunning Korean flight attendants--they were tall, skinny, pretty girls wearing berets and beautiful aprons with embroidery.  They were so cute!  I had Korean Bibimpbap and Spicy Octopus and rice on the plane. I also was provided with a tooth brush, mouthwash, and slippers!  I watched about 4 or 5 movies on the flight, read my book, and slept only about 30 minutes...  It was about a 14 hour flight, but I finally made it.

I met up with my dear Korean friend Linda Lee and we went out to eat near my hotel.  I experienced some culture shock as I left my shoes at the door and went to sit at our table ON THE FLOOR! We sat on little cushions and the floor was nice and warm.  Linda ordered a hay-mul-pa-jeon which is a Korean pancake with vegetable and seafood!  We also had a Spicy Seafood soup, kim chi, and Korean beer.  I am eating a lot and trying so many new things, but the food is so healthy-- I bet I am going to lose weight over time just eating so many vegetables!!!

We came back to the hotel and slept on extremely firm mattresses.  I couldn't really sleep much because my internal clock was so messed up.  We just went down for breakfast and I had a mushroom soup and some bean sprout salad with kiwi dressing.




I am back in my hotel room getting ready to take a shuttle back to the airport.  All of the EPIK English teachers are having our 8 day orientation in my city, Daejeon.  It should be a 3-hour bus ride and then I will be staying in university dorms in Daejeon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment