Sunday, March 17, 2013

An inspiring weekend!

I had a wonderful weekend.  Friday night I had octopus jjukkumi with my Korean friend Young Ah. Wonderful company and amazing food!


On Saturday, I went running along the river trails here for the first time.  It is really nice to run on these astroturph trails.  I only went for 30 minutes since I feel so out of shape here.  Maybe it is the high altitude that is making me tired.  In the afternoon I went exploring in the underground shopping malls of Jungando and I ran into a group of Brasilian foreign exchange students.  I ended up going shopping with them for a few hours.  In the evening, a lot of people were celebrating St. Patrick's Day.  I went out to The Cantina and a club called the Yellow Taxi.  My tongue turned green from drinking green margaritas.

On Sunday, I had a nice long chat with my little brother Harrison on Skype.  Man, I miss him a lot.  At 3pm I met up with my theatre friends to do a read-through of our play.  I am so glad that I tried out for the play because it is allowing me to meet new people and be apart of theatre in Korea!  I never expected myself to do this year, but I am so excited that I have taken advantage of the opportunity.  After we rehearsed, my friend Lynne from South Africa and I went to go see the movie Oz at the IMAX theatre!  Man, it was so awesome!  I even enjoyed the delicious ice tea and popcorn!  After the movie, Lynne and I kept talking about life here in Korea.  She really inspired me to take advantage of all the freedom we have here.  Back home, I think I got stuck in a slump, and I stopped trying new things.  But here, it is so easy to get around on the subway.  And when you live alone, you feel very independent.  Also, it is so easy to meet new people, since everyone is so welcoming.   I think I am going to try a lot of new things this year.  For one, I am really interested in trying Hot Yoga with Lynne.

I sure am enjoying myself here!  This afternoon, my co-teacher and I are planning on getting me a phone!  Horray!  Alright! Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment