Saturday, March 2, 2013

Hardcore Korean shopping, Hardcore Korean eating, and Hardcore Korean Bathing!

Friday was another action packed day in Korea.  I met up with 2 of my awesome Korean Co-workers and we went out to eat a plethora of different Asian dishes at a restaurant.  I had Indonesian noodles, Japanese cream and caviar, egg rolls, and a coconut chicken salad.  We finished off the meal with some Vietnamese Coffee--that is something that really surprised me when I first got to Korea...I didn't expect coffee to be so popular.  There are different coffee shops every block.

Then my co-teachers took me to a store called "Home Plus Express" and I bought everything I needed for my apartment.  They spent about 7 hours with me between the eating and the shopping.

Then at the end of the day...since I don't have hot water in my apartment yet, I decided to try the Korean jim-jil-bang--a public bath house.  It surprised me that in such a conservative culture, they would be so open about nakedness.  It was a bit of culture shock at first, but after a while I got used to it and I really liked it!!!  There are all these different pools of different water temperature, saunas, cold pools, etc.  You can pay extra to have someone exfoliate all the dead skin off your body.  But anyway, it was a good bonding experience for me and my co-teacher to say the least! haha!  I am glad I got to experience that.  In fact, I might make a habit of going back every week or so just to relax in the sauna.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment