Saturday, June 15, 2013

Directing my Middle School Debate Team!

 I had the wonderful honor of working with 9 middle school students very closely on the debate team.  The kids worked their butts off coming up with rebuttals and solid arguments ...and then memorizing almost all of it.  We practiced after school for weeks...sometimes til 9:00pm and I gave up my weekend to come to school and practice!  The kids didn't let me down.  After all that hard work, I was so proud of them for making it to the semi-final round at the English Debate Competition in their district!  Also, at the beginning of debate club, the students were very separated by gender...but by the end of the two weeks, I saw them all bonding and talking together!  It was...kind of heart-wrenching!
At the English Debate Competition with my team!  So proud!

An awesome group of kids!  We got really close!

Out for Bingsoo after school to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment