Saturday, June 15, 2013

Korea: makes you do crazy things like join a theatre group on a whim.

One of the best decisions I have made so far in Korea has been auditioning for a play.  After practicing for 2 months we performed a show called "Overheard".  Overheard was a production composed of 6 short plays that all took play inside coffee shops.  All of the little plays consisted of dramas that could be overheard by the occasional eavesdropper. The plays were about "romance, psychics, illicit affairs, the occasional metaphysical vortex, and Killer Fortune Cookies."  They short play that I starred in was called "Anything for You" about two girlfriends that met up for lunch and had a little chat about...well...having an affair!  It was a a very funny script, and I really enjoyed playing an uptight, slightly neurotic friend.  I met some wonderful people while doing the show.  The two directors, Jo Krukowski and Lynne Van Der Merwe, were really fun to work with.  I met lots of interesting and talented people from so many different backgrounds in the play.  Also, all the money we made was donated to a local Dog Shelter called "Daejeon Paws".  We were very excited to send them a 475,000 Won donation!  Here are some photos!
My new best friend and director, Lynne from South Africa!

Delectable gifts from our loving and supporting Korean fans!

The bar we performed in had this lovely stage!  It was a very "intimate" theatre!

The bar was called "Free Bird"

Two splendid actresses!

Director, Jo, counting all the money.  She donated all of the money to Daejeon Paws--a local Dog Shelter!  Such a good cause!

Another fabulous actress pretending to steal the money!

Me--holding my ticket!

The awesome cast I got to work with!



Holding my lovely bouquet of flowers from my dear Co-teachers!


No comments:

Post a Comment