Sunday, June 9, 2013

Teaching in the heat!

As you read my blog, maybe you have started forming a mental image of my school. My coteacher took my picture one hot spring day while I was teaching an all-girls class. At my school, classes are separated by gender. In Korean middle schools, students must wear uniforms and have the same haircut!  The haircut rule makes remembering my 850 students names nearly impossible. Luckily, their uniforms are embroidered with their name in the Korean alphabet! So I can squint and try and pronounce my students' names!  In general, I stare out into a sea of Korean girls with cute little shoulder length haircuts or a sea of wild monkey boys with hair shaved at the sides and long on top!  Here is a picture of me teaching an all-girls class on a hot May day!

No comments:

Post a Comment